Students enrolled in composition courses (WR 121, WR 122, and WR 123) may attend tutoring through a one-credit course (WR 195). They may also receive composition tutoring as they choose, at any stage of the writing process.
Here, students can work with a tutor to:
- Develop ideas
- Organize an argument
- Find and support a strong thesis
- Craft clearer, more effective essays
- Work on counterarguments
- Improve essay structure
- Hone writing style
- Engage sources
- Revise a rough draft
To get started:
- For composition tutoring, go to the WR 195 Writing Tutorial site to schedule an appointment.
- Click "Create New Account." You'll be asked to create a username and password.
- Log in with your new username and password.
- Schedule a tutoring session by clicking on "Tutoring Calendar" and choosing an available time.
- Meet your tutor in Tykeson 350 at your appointed time. The writing tutorial space is located in the Southwest corner of the building, overlooking the quad and the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art.
- Bring a copy of your essay (on paper or a laptop), assignment directions, syllabus, and a pen or pencil.
- Sessions last 50 minutes and must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance.
There is no drop-in tutoring. For help with scheduling, contact Dr. Kate Myers.